Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hair dye questions ? [Professional help is prefered.]?

Okay well, I have NATURAL white-blonde hair...And last month I dyed my hair black. By summer, I plan to go back to white-blonde. After that one dye job, it really did a number on my hair. It is breaking off from time to time, but not always. I was told by a hairdresser that when I do go back blonde, the color will have to be stripped and I will need to immediately bleach to get my color back since the black stained my hair. So, here is where the questions come in. How badly will my hair be damaged ? Is it going to cost me a lot of money ? Are there really products that strip BLACK color, and allow for immediate bleaching ? Professional help is really prefered...But anyone who has experience can also try to answer. :] Thanks in advance.



Hair dye questions ? [Professional help is prefered.]?

Okay Don't worry you are going to be just fine. Depending on the health of your hair I would say the damage would range from mild to slightly high. This procedure does not have to cost an arm and a leg. What I personally recommend is using a quality hair color remover such as the Loreal Color Zap. Your hair will be ready for recoloring in no time. Before you bleach your hair it is best not to wash your hair for a day or two so your hair would regain all its natural oils. Start the bleaching process with a quality bleach. What I recommend is the Loreal Feria #205 Extra Bleach Blonde. With that being said for optimal results you gotta do a double process bleaching. Just use a toner and you are good to go. After that Shampoo your hair with a gentle 2 in 1 shampoo plus conditioner also be sure to lather your hair with mayonaise. I know you are thinking uh What?! But mayonaise is a great conditioner it adds essential nutrients and oils which nourish the hair. For even more nourishment use a slice of avocado as well. A solution of mayonasie and avocado mashed together is best. Just like mayonaise it adds essential nutrients and oils. Trust me this really works. Just rinse and shampoo again. Afterwards blowdry and use a leave in conditioner. Your hair will be Platinum blonde you've always wanted. With these tips you and your hair will look fab glam and most importantly healthy!



Hair dye questions ? [Professional help is prefered.]?

Generally speaking, the stripping agent used is bleach. There are products designed to remove color but it's really just a fancy name for bleach. Getting black out of blond is no small thing. I had a client recently who had done the same thing. I had to bleach and tone. I put protein additives in the bleach, conditioned before and after the toning and sent the client home with products to help keep her hair from breaking off. This type of service is, typically, a bit on the pricey side because it's time consuming and requires constant attention. Your hairdresser can't set you aside and do a haircut in between. I would recommend going to a reputable salon for a complimentary consultation. Tell the colorist what you want to do. If you feel comfortable with the results of the consultation, i.e. the colorist sounds like he/she's been doing color for a while and knows what they're talking about, can give you a ballpark figure for the price, and you communicate well, you can set up an appointment to get the service done. If you don't feel comfortable, for whatever reason, you can say, "Ok, let me check my schedule and I'll call you for an appointment" then call another salon and get another free consultation. You really should do this until you find someone who will talk AND listen to you, assess the current condition of your hair, etc. By the way, I charged the client I mentioned $125 but the price depends a lot on how long it takes to fix your hair. Good luck. Feel free to email me if you have more specific questions.



Hair dye questions ? [Professional help is prefered.]?

I have had a lot of experience with this procedure as a professional since celebrities like Linda Evangelista, Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Linsey Lohan, and Ashlee Simpson made the blonde-to-black-and-back transformation a must.



My first word of advice: this is a serious commitment. The hair will be damaged, but there are a number of conditioning products on the market these days, as well as home remedies, that can fix that problem. Just remember to keep an open mind. It's how people maintain good hair. They don't expect miracles. They know it takes time and effort (as well as some trial and error) to look amazing.



I want to point out that a color stripping product, or haircolor remover, is NOT the same as a bleach, or hair lightener. While a bleach blasts open your hair cuticles to oxidize the natural as well as artificial pigments, a haircolor remover takes away mainly artificial pigments. This is the main difference. Without going into an intense chemistry lesson, just remember that by removing the artificial color first (the black), you can go further with the bleach when you apply it. Otherwise, the bleach will have a hard time lightening the artificial pigment.



How this works, if you are really curious, is that the black dye you put into your hair last month only penetrated partially into your hair cuticles. The black color molecules are not all the way in the cortex (center) of the hair shaft. When you put a color remover on, it will open your cuticles enough to oxidize the black and lighten it, but it will not keep opening your cuticles to get out whatever color that is underneath. A bleach, on the other hand, will keep opening the cuticles before the black is oxidized. With this, you risk making the black more permanent than it needs to be.



I hope I have not completely confused you yet. This is just the knowledge I find helpful for my clients when they are making a decision. What you can expect when you put a remover on is the black turning into red and then an orange. If you have only dyed your hair black once, you can go to a pretty light orange. From this point on, you bleach. It will probably go to a bright yellow after one application of bleach.



If you want to restore your pale to white blonde hair, you will have to keep bleaching. I recommend foiling in panel or fine highlights from this point on, because this will "break up" the yellow further without frying ALL your hair again. A professional will know exactly what to do. If you are doing this at home, highlighting will be a little tricky, but there are highlighting kits for this.



Getting this procedure done at a salon will cost you. To minimize the financial impact, you might want to do the haircolor remover at home first before you visit a colorist. Many of my colleagues do not like applying removers, because the job takes all days, and it pays very little for the amount of time it requires.



Best of luck to you!



Hair dye questions ? [Professional help is prefered.]?

keep it blonde i wanted to be blonde



Hair dye questions ? [Professional help is prefered.]?

use kool-aid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
annual credit report