Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hairdressers please help! I have a question about coloring my hair.?

I get my hair bleached at Aveda. I am totally obsessed with getting my hair white...but of course, now that it is, it is unbelievably damaged. Every time I brush my hair little peices fall off! Not just strands of hair coming out, my hair is breaking off at the ends (about 1/4 inch peices).



The point here is, it's damaged and I am not willing to keep up the blond look when it is so bad for my hair. I should have had my roots done 2 months ago (= way too much roots!) but I don't want to continue with the blond because of the damage.



I am also weary to go get a darker color b/c the girl at Aveda that cuts my hair said I had to get some sort of treatment just to be able to put color over bleached hair (= 2 different treatments on fried hair).



I thought maybe for the time being I could get a box of darker color and do it myself (isn't a box color a little less harsh than salon color?).



The question is: As a hairdresser would you recommend trying to do it myself to save my hair?



Hairdressers please help! I have a question about coloring my hair.?

I am friends with a hair dresser and watch her all the time and she does mine. I used to keep mine bleached almost white.



Just bleaching the roots shouldn't do this because it shouldn't get on the rest of the hair, just the natural roots. You need to go get some hot oil and sit under dryer and good conditioner, talk to your hair dresser about it or go to another. If you use color out of a box and do it your self, you don't know what you will get, it may turn orange and anything else. I have mine foiled now. Which just bleaches the natural color on the same dark layers every time and bleach the roots of the natural hair and it is in good shape.



Did they put bleach all over every time? Wrong thing if they did, it would fry it, go get some info from a good place and have it done professionally........xx



Hairdressers please help! I have a question about coloring my hair.?

Don't do it yourself. You need to see a hairdresser who is a liscensed colorist. They are trained to do color correction.



Hairdressers please help! I have a question about coloring my hair.?

get it coloured any colour but ginger, red is fine but not ginger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...



Hairdressers please help! I have a question about coloring my hair.?

Do not attempt to colour your own hair - it will be a disaster. If you want to go darker your hair wil have to be filled in with red first. Best thng to do is seek profesional help and I would not go back to the hairdresser who did this for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
annual credit report