Sunday, November 29, 2009

I have a half white half african american baby how to take care of their hair. its diffrent then min

Check into the following sites:



http://www.ourhair.net



http://www.store.yahoo.com/treasuredlock...



http://naturallycurly2.com/home/index.ph...



http://www.africanhair.com



Search for more if you need them.



Good Luck!



I have a half white half african american baby how to take care of their hair. its diffrent then mine?

Jerrica had the best answer, she was RIGHT ON POINT.Im AA, w/a 4 month girl.Im glad u're seeking help.It pains me to see mixed kids whose mothers dont know how to do their hair,so consequently,it always looks a mess.Anyway,if you follow her advice, youll be good to go!!! Report It



I have a half white half african american baby how to take care of their hair. its diffrent then mine?

Go to an African American neighbor hood... get some gel or oil... you could give him/her a perm later on in a lifetime... or add extensions.



I have a half white half african american baby how to take care of their hair. its diffrent then mine?

best to have one of your black friends teach you to braid, it will be needed though out the childs life..



I have a half white half african american baby how to take care of their hair. its diffrent then mine?

i have a bi-racial child and she has hair that is more the texture of mine but it is very curly. the products for African Americans always made her hair too greasy or weighed it down. even the Light Pink Lotion. So what works for me is washing her hair and putting a little bit of regular hair gel (like i use) in it while it is wet and then "lightly" misting it with a spritz. this makes her hair have the cutest ringlets. if you have trouble with frizz, i have have lots of luck using a product called bio silk. it is kinda expensive but worth it



I have a half white half african american baby how to take care of their hair. its diffrent then mine?

Please don't relax the child's hair (or as the other user put it, "give him/her a perm"). It is highly damaging.



You can wash his/her hair as you would a white baby's hair, but you should probably use conditioner by itself more than you use conditioner AND shampoo. Also, remember not to pile all of his/her hair on top of his/her head as you wash it. Curly hair is much more prone to tangling than straight.



I agree with the poster who mists her baby's hair when she styles. The Biosilk also seems like a good idea. If it really does seem too expensive, Sally Beauty Supply offers a generic version of Biosilk which, in my opinion, is just as good--if not better. Remember, it is important to keep black hair well-moisturized.



http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1215/264...



I would avoid alcohol-based gels. Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme is a good product for controling little boy/little girl curls:



http://missjessies.com/products.htm



Another thing i'd avoid is rubber bands or scrunchies. Try Goody Ouchless elastics.



http://www.goody.com/Html/GroovyGirls/Fl...



If your baby is a girl, pay attention to how other mommies style their children's hair. Because your baby's hair may seem more thick and unruly than your hair, you will probably want to style her hair in several ponytails rather than just one or two all of the time. On the run, it is really great to be able to brush still-wet hair into an afro puff, but if you rely too much on afro puffs, you could end up tangling her hair.



The following book should give you some styling ideas:



http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060934...



If the child's hair ends up becoming very curly, and it becomes difficult for you to style her hair, I would wash it, moisturize it, and slowly comb through the hair, being careful to avoid tangling. Without the use of elastics, separate the hair into lots of sections and twist the hair into what are called "two strand twists."



They look like this:



http://www.nubiankinks.com/images/twist_...



Allow the hair to air-dry this way, and it will be easier to style later, as you will have stretched tighter curls into looser curls. Also, plenty of people wear their hair like this as a style, especially if it is thick and long. (If you style your child's hair like this using elastics, the style can be worn for a few days before you have to wash it and start over.)



I have a half white half african american baby how to take care of their hair. its diffrent then mine?

My children are bi-racial, my daughter has fine hair, while my son has course hair. I use the Lusters Pink Lotion and it seems to work for both my childrens hair types. Give it a try, if it doesnt work you will only be out about $ 3.89



I have a half white half african american baby how to take care of their hair. its diffrent then mine?

I also have a mixed child, he is 6 months old and at the time has straight fine hair. I understand that it gets kinky and unmanagable at times but thats no need to find someone to braid it because the child does not have white or black peoples hair. The best way to find out how to manage it would most likely be trail and error. Start off by getting gel or oil and if it doesn't work try something new. The decision is on you and if you cna't handle it then ask someone for help around you. Good Luck



I have a half white half african american baby how to take care of their hair. its diffrent then mine?

I am Bi-Racial and have twice as much hair as most people I know. My parents constantly kept my hair in braids as a child, my grandmother could braid my hair tight as hell and it was painful. Later I started relaxing it thinking that this was the way to go, relaxing really damages and dries it out.



Now that I am an adult I can manage my hair with almost no fuss. I wash it every three days and condition it daily. The most important thing I have learned is not to comb through my hair with a plastic comb or brush this just pulls and breaks the hair. While the conditioner is still in my hair I quickly run my fingers through it looking for any big tangles and just work them out by hand. After my hair is pretty much free of major snarles I rinse the conditioner out and put some styling creme or gel on it. Stay away from greasy oily products, just find a light styling creme or lotion that will dry with no residue.



Be careful not to comb it through and disturb the natural curl patterns. Just evenly distribute it with your hands. I either air dry it or hit it with the blowdryer on low. I get lots of compliments on my hair every day! I am so glad that I have left the relaxers and combs in the past and just learned to love my natural locks.



Good Luck with your UNIQUE baby:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
annual credit report